Hey, if you’re a lapsed Catholic, or a Catholic with a well-developed sense of humor, you need to watch Father Ted.
And if you have Netflix Instant, there’s really no excuse.
Its an Irish comedy, created by Graham Lineham (who also created The IT Crowd), and it ran for three seasons in the mid-90s. Its about three priests who live on isolated, boring Craggy Island. They are: Father Dougal, who is phenomenally (and adorably) stupid, Father Jack (who is a lecherous drunkard), and Father Ted, the smartest of the three, who not-so-secretly hates his parish, the other priests, and longs to get the feck off the island.
Its the funniest goddamn show I have ever seen in my life and I’ve been in love with it for about five years.
If you’re interested, I think the best introduction to the show you could possibly watch is episode 2x03, The Tentacles of Doom.
13 Notes/ Hide
- missroseangel reblogged this from anedumacationisnomore
- rickcohle likes this
- socelot likes this
- thenoodlebooty likes this
- dunkinmycloud said: We prefer to be referred to as “escaped” rather than “lapsed”.
- flower-of-the-ages likes this
- amiokaytoday likes this
- nonamedstreets likes this
- r2decaf likes this
- witch-baby said: FATHER TED IS ON NETFLIX??? oh lord i’m so happy me and my family watched that ALL THE TIME in ireland. oh my. thank you for this beautiful news.
- anedumacationisnomore posted this